Wasted medicine is everyones's responsibility and there are small changes you can make to help reduce the amount of medicines wasted. These savings could be reinvested into more front line care and services for the benefit of all.
How Can You Help?
There are a number of ways that you can help and save money for Stockport:
Only order the medicine that you need
- Tell yur GP or Pharmacist if you've stopped taking any of your medicines
- Check what medicine you still have at home before re-ordering
- Attend annual medication with your GP when requested
- Only tick the boxes on your repeat prescription for the medication that you require
- Don't stockpile medicines
- If you need to go into hospital, remember to take all your medicatines with you in a clearly marked bag
- Take only medication prescribed for you, its not safe to share them with anyone else
Remember that unused medicines cannot be recycled
- Once medicines have left the pharmacy, they cannot be recycled or used by anyone else
- Take all unused medicines to the Pharmacy for safe disposal
- NEVER dispose of your unused medicines down the toilet