Patients will be treated with courteously and respect at all times and we expect our patients to treat our staff in similarly respectful way.
What you can expect from the Practice:
- Commitment to give our patients to give the best possible service with the resources available. This will be achieved by working together. Help us to help you.
- Be treated as an individual with dignity and respectat all times, irrespective of your ethnic origin, religious beliefs, personal attributes or the nature of your health problems.
- Staff whom you meet face to face will wear name badges so that you know who they are and what they do.
- Patients will normally be seen within 20 minutes of their appointment time. When there is likely to be a delay, patients have the right to be informed.
- Answer the telephone promptly and in a courteous manner.
- The practice will offer advice and seek to inform patients how they can promote good health and avoid illness.
- Patients have the right to see their medical records subject to any limitations in the law. No care or treatment will be given without consent.
- Patients who have not seen the doctor during the past three years have the right to a health check.
- Patients who are over 75 years of age have the right to have annual checks either in the surgery or at home if they are housebound
Your Responsibility To Us
- We ask that you treat all our practice staff with courtesy and respect.
- You are responsible for your own health and that of your children. Please take the advice given to you at the practice.
- Let us know immediately if you change your name, address or telephone number.
- Please do everything you can to keep appointments. Tell us as soon as possible if you cannot, otherwise other patients may have to wait longer.
- Please contact the surgery between 8.30-10.00am for a home visit by the doctor only when the person is too ill to attend the surgery.
- Please keep your phone calls brief and avoid calling during the peak morning time for non-urgent matters.
- Test results take time to reach us, so please do not ring before you have been asked to do so. Enquiries about tests ordered by the hospital should be directed to the hospital, not the practice.
- You can discuss any medical matter with your doctor, including asking for a second opinion.
Please read the practice booklet. This will help you to get the best out of the services that we offer. It is important that you understand the information given to you. Please ask us questions if you are unsure of anything.Our aims are to offer the highest standard of health care and advice to our patients throught a team approach with the resources available to usOur aims are to offer the highest standard of health care and advice to our patients throught a team approach with the resources available to us